1. This policy governs the use of your personal information by PropFi.
2. PropFi is owned and operated by PropFi.NZ Limited and its related companies (PropFi).
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
18 Viaduct Harbour Ave
C\O Chief Compliance Officer
PO Box 16477
INTERPRETATION AND AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
HOW WE COLLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
7. Your personal information will be collected and held by PropFi.NZ Limited.
8. When you use the PropFi Website and Services, you may be asked to provide certain personal information including the following:
- identification information (e.g. name, date of birth, residential address, photograph of your face);
- your gender, age, occupation, ethnicity, interests and/or property purchasing history;
- financial information (e.g. salary, assets or other information required by any financial service provider); and
- documentation containing your personal information, such as your passport or driver’s licence.
9. When you use our Website or the PropFi Services, we will collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include (without limitation):
- computer IP address;
- referral URL;
- data about the web-pages and Property Files you access; and
- statistics on page views and other information.
10. We may also collect information about you from other sources, these may include:
- credit report service provider;
- identity verification service provider; or
- Real Estate Agents or other person/entity involved with or facilitating any part of the PropFi Services or any other services related to the PropFi Website.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
11. We use your information to facilitate your use of the PropFi Website, provide you our Services, improve our Services and Website and keep you informed about our Services. Our use of your information will include the following purposes:
- providing you access to and use of to the PropFi Website and our Services, including to:
- create and administer your User Account on the PropFi Website;
- register you as a participant, and facilitate your participation in an Auction on the PropFi Website;
- verify your identify;
- provide customer support;
- improve and customise your experience of our Services and Website;
- detect, manage, enforce and prevent any violation of our Website Terms or other agreement between you and PropFi, and to ensure and/or facilitate compliance with any law, industry rules or regulations;
- credit assessment or debt recovery purposes; and
- the performance of any Services you request from PropFi.
- to keep you informed about our Services and about any Auction or Property, we will use your information to contact you about:
- any updates, news or changes to our Website or Services;
- any issues regarding your User Account(s) and the Services you receive from us; and
- in relation to any Auction or Property that you have requested updates for, we will notify you updates and information about that Auction or Property.
- provided that you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional material from us, so that PropFi or third parties may contact you for marketing and research purposes, including:
- to request your participation in marketing research and surveys; and
- to promote and market our Services, or any Property to you.
- to gather, monitor, create, share and publish information about trends and behaviours relevant to the real estate industry, PropFi Website and to our Services; and
- any other purpose notified to you at the time of collection.
HOW WE DISCLOSE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
13. We may disclose your personal information to:
- other Users for the following purposes:
- to allow another User to communicate with you with respect to any Property or Auction; and
- to facilitate your use of the PropFi Services/Website.
- a Real Estate Agent for the following purposes:
- if you have registered your interest in purchasing, or participating in an Auction of a Property, to allow the Real Estate Agent carrying out the sale of a Property to contact you about that Property or Auction; and
- marketing or promoting a Property, including by email if you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional material from Real Estate Agents.
- our service providers or other third party service providers that are providing a service to you or us in relation to the Website or Services, for example any service provider providing customer service, technology support services and identity verification services;
- in an aggregated and anonymized form, to third parties (including as part of a data sale);
- any credit assessment provider, or debt collection agency; and
- on your request, to a mortgage broker or financial services provider.
14. Any information that you post on our Website in a public venue, including in an Auction, will be available to any User or visitor of the Website.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
15. You agree that any information you give to PropFi will be accurate, correct and up to date, and that when acting on behalf of a business or another person, you are authorised to give such information to us.
16. You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
17. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and to request that we amend it if it is incorrect.
PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
19. When you create a User Account and register to use the PropFi Website you will be required to choose a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and any other security information associated with your User Account.
20. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your User Account, whether or not you have authorised such activities or actions.
21. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of your User Account, you must notify PropFi immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
22. PropFi has electronic and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, access, misuse and, alteration and/or unauthorised disclosure of the information under our control. However, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to PropFi and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Your use of our Services and Website is at your own risk.
23. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of the Website.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
27. Should you wish to make public comments or statements about our Website or the Services we provide you, or the relationship we have with you, we reserve the right to make such public comments as may be necessary to respond or correct any misconceptions or errors of fact. If you make any public comments about your User Account then you agree to us replying as we think appropriate using the information that we have about your User Account.
RESIDENTS OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND